Monday, January 20, 2014

Spicy Vegan Burritos

Hi, there! I hope your weekends went great. Mine was pretty good. I was sick for most of it, but I am feeling better now, which is nice. I did a lot of sleeping a little cooking, so I have a recipe here for you! Enjoy.

GIFSoup

Spicy Vegan Burritos
1 can black beans, drained 
1 can pinto beans, drained
1 jalapeño, diced
1 cup veggie broth
1 tablespoon taco seasoning
Salt and pepper, as desired 
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1/2 red pepper, cut into slices
1/2 green pepper, cut into slices
1/2 red onion, diced
Tortilla shells
Taco sauce, as desired


1. Combine both cans of beans, broth, jalapeño, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and 1/2 of taco seasoning in a medium saucepan.
2. Cover and cook on medium heat.


3. Warm oil at medium heat in a medium sized frying or wok pan. 
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
5. When oil is warm, add peppers and onion.
6. When onions are beginning to brown, add remaining taco seasoning. 
7. After oven is preheated cook tortillas on an in greased nonstick pan for 3 minutes. 


8. Remove bean mixture from heat and mash up to texture of refried beans.
8. Spoon beans and veggies onto crispy tortillas with desired amount of taco sauce and enjoy!

Check out this video for a look at exactly how I made it. =]

No comments :

Post a Comment

I'm so excited to hear what you have to say! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post! =]