Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Thirteen Highlights of 2013

Hi, guys! Long time, no write. I'm sorry about that! I've just been soaking up the family flurry of this time of year.  I do need to get caught back up on Fifty-Two's, so I will be doing that sometime this week! 

We had a great Christmas that was made so much more fun by our chubby bundle of silly joy. As I sit here on New Year's Eve I'm thinking of how this year flew by. It'll be 2014 tomorrow! 2014. Just the other day it seems like I was excitedly sharing with family that I would be having a baby in June 2013 and now she is six months old. It's completely, utterly amazing. This year was the best yet. Here's a look back on this year's greatest memories. 


January

We found out that we were having a baby girl.

February

 I started really blogging. Being consistent, starting series, putting thought into it, participating in Blogland.

March

We had an awesome early anniversary trip to Kansas City, Missouri.

April

I completely built my daughter's nursery. I will never doubt my crafting abilities again.

May

Brandon turned 22.

June

We finally met our precious baby girl. We had no idea what we were in for. Her spunk and her spark almost overwhelm me every day, in every way possible.

July

I started my photo challenge that would lead me to becoming the photographer I've always wanted to be.

August

Lisanna was dedicated just as I was as a baby.

September

I started back to school! 

October

I got a tattoo.

November

I ran my first 5k all the way through and turned 22!

December

We shared a great Christmas with family and our sweet baby.

Number 13

This year, my life was completely turned upside down. I was pregnant for half the year, and in that half I figured out what I want to do with my life. I realized I want to be a wife, a mom, and a teacher. I gave up the job I loved to be with my baby that I loved more. I started going back to school so that I can make a difference and enable my husband to do the same. I grew as a mother, a wife, a daughter, a sister, and an in-law. I learned what it is to struggle to make ends meet and to find solace in God's great providence. I swallowed my selfish pride and swelled with pride of my amazing husband. I met a new side of the man that I have loved since we had been dating for two months and it only made me love him more. I discovered strengths and talents that I never knew I had in me, and learned that it is all from God. I saw so much growth in the two souls that are forever entwined with mine and my love for them grew. I worked when I needed to, rested when I had to, and clung to profound joy in every moment.

It was the hardest year of my life.

It was also the best.

Here's to 2014. Happy new year, everyone.

2 comments :

  1. Congratulations on such an eventful year! I really enjoy tagging along your blog. Cheers to 2014 and best wishes to you and your sweet little family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lisa! I love to read your comments. =] I hope you had a great Christmas and new year.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so excited to hear what you have to say! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post! =]