Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Baked Potato Cakes (V)



I've been experimenting with more and more vegan recipes lately. I thought that I couldn't afford to be vegan because of the many costly dairy replacements, but now I'm seeing that I don't always need them. This is a great example of that. My potato cakes tasted amazing without even using the cheese substitute! Of course, the great thing about this recipe is that you can also just make it vegetarian. I made half of the cakes for me and half of the cakes for the hubby. I put cheese in his and he loved them. Carnivorous as he is, he told me today, "You really can't go wrong with cheesy potatoes."
So, without further ado, here is my vegan potato cakes recipe!

Vegan Baked Potato Cakes
Ingredients:
3-4 medium Russet potatoes
1 tsp chives
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 tbsp butter substitute (I used Earth Balance)
If vegetarian, 1/2 cup cheese

1. Peel potatoes and cut into chunks.
2. Boil potatoes until soft and then mash them with a masher.
3. Preheat oven to 375F.
4. Add butter and spices then stir and mash until fully combined.
5. Cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until edges are golden brown.

1 comment :

  1. Your recipe looks quite delicious and simple, which means I'm a big fan! I've been thinking of going vegan so this is some good inspiration!
    ps. You're tagged for the Sunshine Award, if you'd like to participate :)
    http://aventurasdemariposas.blogspot.com/2013/12/sunshine-award.html

    ReplyDelete

I'm so excited to hear what you have to say! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post! =]