Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The Story of Us

Our first picture together after we started dating.
Coming up on September 19th is Brandon and I's dating anniversary. It will be five years that we've been together, including the two that we've been married. Wow. What an amazing journey being with this amazing guy has been!!

I thought it would be fun to reminisce and tell all of you guys our story. So here it is! =]

When I was a teenager, I told myself that I wouldn't date a guy that I couldn't see myself marrying. Well, Brandon was the first guy that fit the bill. We met when I was fifteen and he was barely sixteen.
We actually met together in a group to see Pirates of the Caribbean 3. What's really funny is that he barely even acknowledge me since he was pursuing another girl that was also at the movie. Oh, and he slammed back against a chair in the row in front of me and knocked me over. Yep. That was the first time we met.


Us at his oldest sister, Amber's, wedding.
Shortly thereafter, he lost interest in the other girl and we started hanging out all the time.


 We did cool things like bowling, going on homeschool field trips with my mom and litle brother, and playing guitar hero in my parents' basement. A year later, I realized that I really liked him.
It was probably because he could do cool things like this with his hair. 

About 4 months after that we started dating. It was his senior year and my junior year.

He was a boss basketball player.

We rocked his sister's 80's party.

Took a pretty hardcore us-ie. Those butterflies really brought it all together.

Then we went to prom together.


And then he graduated.




He talked me into playing basketball my senior year.

Then I graduated.

We went on a vacation together with his family.

Celebrated 2 years together.

Then Christmas came.

The following February we got engaged.

 His sister, Julia, got married in April.

And we were married in May!






Our honeymoon is still my favorite trip ever. We went to Huntington Beach, California and stayed in a hotel right off the beach. We walked to the nearby stores, made a few midnight IHOP runs, and went to LA/Hollywood. It was amazing. 



A little over a year later, I got pregnant.


9 months later, we added Lisanna to our family.

And we're still happy as clams. However happy that is. ;)

6 comments :

  1. You two are adorable. Thanks for sharing your story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Laura, this is sweet! It's so fun to see the evolution of a couple over the years :)

    PS~ I tagged you, check out my post if you'd like to participate!
    http://aventurasdemariposas.blogspot.com/2013/09/im-tagged-6-things-about-me.html

    ReplyDelete

I'm so excited to hear what you have to say! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post! =]