Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Guest Post - (V) Pizza Dough Recipe


Hey, guys! I would like to introduce you to my lovely sister-in-law Julia who writes over at Writer's Block Near You. She is super fun, artsy, and one of my favorite people for sure. She also happens to be an amazing cook. 
She agreed to share her awesome pizza dough recipe with me anddd all of you. Yay! This way you can make your own healthier vegetarian pizza, or even vegan pizza with substitute cheese and all the veggies you want. Please just remember that this is a crust recipe, not a pizza recipe, so you'll have to forgive Julia's carnivorous tendencies. ;)
The above picture is my own version of it; I made it with just what I had in the cabinet and fridge which included wheat flour and pure cane sugar substitutes along with basil pesto sauce, mushrooms, green peppers, and shredded cheese. Guess what? Still amazing. So there's your veggie version! ;)
But enough of my ramblings, enjoy this post from Julia and her amazing pizza crust recipe!


Hello, there! I know what you're thinking, "who is that goofy looking girl, and where the heck is Laura?!" Don't panic! You are still at the right spot! I'm Julia, sister-in-law to the lovely Pink Herbivore. :) I blog over at Writer's Block Near You. There you will find a few recipes, some how-tos if the mood strikes me, a little about life, and a whole bunch of pictures. 

BUT, that is not what I want to talk to you about. 

You see, it all started the other day. Laura and I were talking about favorite recipes (you know, like we women folk tend to do), when the subject of pizza came up. ---Which is something very important you should know about me...I LOVE pizza. Omnomnomnomnomnom.--- Anyways...I mentioned I have a super easy, super yummy pizza dough recipe. Laura said instead of just sharing the recipe with her, I should share it with ya'll as well. 

SO, that's what brings us together today.

Pizza.

In all it's glory.


This "recipe" is so easy, I hesitate to even call it a recipe. It's just six simple ingredients, and only takes 15 min to throw together and get in the oven.

You start with mixing together the warm water, sugar, and yeast until all is dissolved.
After that you stir in the olive oil and salt.
Lastly, stir in flour. 
Cover loosely, and let rise for 10-12min

Voila! There's your yummy, delicious pizza dough. 


After you've gotten your dough flattened on to your stone (or cookie sheet or pizzapan thingamabob), 

then you can add your toppings as normal. 
For this pizza I went with a pesto base because I'm not a huge red sauce fan.
(I know, I know...I'm a crazy person.)
After the pesto, I added fresh spinach leaves and a few slices of prosciutto. 
That's right, folks. Meat.

I maaay have forgotten this was a vegetarian blog.
Please forgive me. It'll never happen again!
But, come on! Look how good this pizza looks!?

Still not your cup of tea? You can always sub the prosciutto for sliced zucchini, yellow squash, and red bell peppers. 

It. Is. Divine.

I promise after you've made yourself one of those veggie pizza you'll forget all about this little meat mishap. :)


Moving on...to the most important step of all.

CHEESE.

I added Mozzarella and Feta to this pizza, because I like cheese and one can never have too much.

But...that's just my opinion...and I'm a crazy person, remember?


After you're done dousing it in cheese, toss that bad boy in the oven (at 425° F)  until it's a nice golden color. (about 15-20 minutes) 


Sit back and look at that masterpiece. 
Go ahead and give yourself a pat on the back.
You deserve it.

Now dig in!

I hope you enjoy this pizza. It really is easy and quite scrumptious. Feel free to stop by my neck of the woods and say hi!

for printable version click here

Until next time!
-J

2 comments :

  1. That looks good and the photography is wonderful! How cool to have a sil that blogs too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shannon! It's hard to get a bad picture of pizza. Haha :)

      Delete

I'm so excited to hear what you have to say! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post! =]