Thursday, September 5, 2013

Back to School


So I've been seeing all these first day of school posts by so many of the bloggers I love. They have adorable pictures of their adorable children heading off to school with their new clothes, books, and backpacks. Well, I decided to do my own post about me because, while I have a perfectly cute child, she is busy learning how to put everything in her mouth and noticing her feet. 


So while Lisanna is learning that, it's back to school for me!

If there's anything you should know about me, it's this:
I. Love. School.
I love pencils and papers and reading technical textbooks and staying up all night studying. I love chalkboards and backpacks and flashcards and name tags.

I started college in high school to get a head start on it, but, after getting married I realized how hard it was to go to the school at the same time as my husband. I took last year off and worked full time at an elementary school.

I totally loved it. I got to spend all day, every day with all the children that I love to death as well as work alongside an amazing crew of teachers and fellow paras.

This year I'm back to school, and, while I miss working full time at my school, I'm glad to be working toward my teaching degree! (Maybe after I graduate I can teach at the same school!) I bought my backpack and my Chromebook and my textbooks and my pencils and loaded it up to start my classes. They've been so fun so far. It's amazing to be out of gen eds and into learning what I actually want to learn. I love my classmates that are also passionate about teaching and also the fact that I'm taking class on the little south campus so I don't have to mess with the main campus parking. I'm taking a bunch of classes about cultural diversity, which I'm sure sound totally boring, but I'm soaking up all the information about teaching and loving every minute of it. 


I am so excited about taking these classes and graduating soon to work in my own classroom. I only have 3 semesters left and then my student teaching. When I graduate, I want to teach an upper grade level (3rd, 4th, or 5th) so I'm really excited to have been placed in a 4th grade classroom this year. I have my assignment, my name tag, and I'm ready to go!

What about you guys? Do you love school as much as me? Are you taking any classes right now?

Cheers,
Laura

No comments :

Post a Comment

I'm so excited to hear what you have to say! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post! =]