Tuesday, September 24, 2013

A Little Bit Crazy Excited


So I am getting pretty excited about this whole photography thing. After my 30 day challenge and all my pictures of Lisanna I am loving my camera and taking pictures.

My sisters-in-law, as you know by my constant gushing, are amazing professional photographers. I've always said, "oh, that's cool, but I would never want to do that". I wouldn't want all the stress of having to get the right photo in that right moment or else the life of your subject is forever ruined. And I still don't want that, haha.
BUT I did realize that there is more to professional photography than stress-inducing event photography. I can sum it up in two beautiful words.

Portrait photography.

Yes, my loves, portrait photography. That way I can pose people and then make them stay just like that until I get the shot I want! Haha. I love posing and snapping pictures of Lisanna, so I don't see why I wouldn't enjoy something like portrait photography. =] The greatest part is that I can do it on the side even when I start teaching (maybe it will help us save up for all the adventures I love to plan for us!). 

So it is my new year's resolution. And I don't mean that I'm going to do it in the new year. I mean I'm going to get the ball rolling by the new year. I have some portfolio shoots lined up for all different ages and then I can get it officially going. (I want to have pictures of someone other than just Lisanna!)

I got so excited about this that I couldn't sleep Sunday night. I stayed up until 2 a.m. shopping and planning and working on my blog/facebook page. I promise I will share it with you guys as soon as it's ready. ;)

In the meantime, here is my photography wish list right now! I always wondered why my sis-in-law Amber got so excited about getting "boring" things like camera lenses for Christmas and birthdays, but now I totally understand!  

One // Two // Three // Four

What is your hobby? Do you like photography? Do you have any tips for how I can best start off my business?

No comments :

Post a Comment

I'm so excited to hear what you have to say! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post! =]