Thursday, August 22, 2013

Tomato Basil Linguine (V) and a Weekend Farewell

Hey, everyone! I'll be heading out of town this weekend to spend some time with my family on a lakehouse in Oklahoma. Three cheers for a late summer vacation! I'm really excited about it, but that means I'll be taking a little break from the blog this weekend. I was really hoping to have everything prepared in advance so that they could just go up as scheduled posts, but this week really got away from me. School started and on top of that we had a tire blow, thus temporarily becoming a one car family again. This made the last couple of days super hectic and I didn't accomplish nearly as much as I wanted to.
All that said, I'm outta here! I'm leaving you with a recipe to try this weekend, so leave me a comment to come back to if you do try it. =] Or if you just want to say anything else! I hope your weekend is as amazing as mine is going to be and check back here on Monday for a weekend update and Lisanna's 10/52!!


So this was another one of the meals that I made this week in accordance to my Weekly Wishes goals. It was another amazing vegan meal that doesn't require all the costly substitutes. I really am loving all these vegan meals! My only beef (haha, irony intended) with vegan meals is that you have to eat a ton to be filled. I was still pretty hungry after this meal because I didn't have any salad to eat on the side, but that's a problem that can be easily remedied. The awesome thing about vegan food is that you really can't overeat veggies. It's kind of awesome.
Anyway, back to the meal! My carnivorous husband loved it, too, although I have to admit that I threw some chicken on the poor guy's portion, so that might've affected his opinion. Either way, both of us loved it. It's another simple, cheap recipe that can easily be done in 20 minutes. 

Let me know if you try it and what you thought in the comments!

Ingredients: 
Serves 2
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 red onion
3 cloves minced garlic
1 can chopped tomatoes, with sauce
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon basil
8 oz linguine

1. Heat oil over medium heat.
2. Saute onion until it starts to brown.
3. Add minced garlic and stir in.
4. Add tomatoes and seasonings.
5. Raise heat to medium-high and bring to a boil.
6. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. While that's cooking, cook your linguine according to package directions.
8. Add basil to sauce mixture and cook for 3 more minutes.
9. Remove the salsa from heat and mix with cooked, drained linguine noodles.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I'm so excited to hear what you have to say! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post! =]