Wednesday, August 14, 2013

She is love.


So these are some pictures that my sister-in-law took of Lisanna over the weekend. 

I have to admit that I've looked at these pictures about a million times; her expressions here just make me smile so wide. I especially love how obvious that mischievous glint is in the bottom right picture. ;)

Lisanna Elaine is over 8 weeks old now and I can still barely believe she's mine. I'm in awe every time I look over at her and see her little face that so resembles mine and that of the man I love so dearly. I love how much she loves me. How she smiles like crazy every Sunday that I pick her up from the nursery after church. How she is so full of personality, even though she can't express it yet in words. I love figuring out the little things that make her happy. That sometimes she doesn't want anybody but me because, even though it's a little inconvenient at times, she just loves me that much. I love watching her learn. I love that she is happy to be alive now and how she adores her daddy [almost] as much as I do. I love every single smile and coo and how chubby she is. How she puts up [most of the time] with me dressing her in all the ridiculously elaborate yet adorable outfits. I love how much she loves her soft blanket and how we cuddle together every morning. I love her grumpy face when she sticks out her lower lip and looks positively pathetic. I love her little fingers and toes and rosy red lips. I love how in awe of the whole world she is; how everything new confuses and excites her.

I love her from the bottom of my heart with a love that is so much deeper and more unique than I ever imagined possible.

She is love. And she is all I need.

2 comments :

  1. Oh gosh. I can't even handle how much I love that little girl. I couldn't imagine the love you must feel as her momma. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so excited to hear what you have to say! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post! =]