Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Old Settlers

Downtown in Wichita, Kansas, my hometown.

Kansas and I have a love-hate relationship. I love the rolling fields of beautiful crops, and I hate how Kansas has nothing exciting to do because so much land is farmland. I love how you can see the entire sunset because of how flat Kansas is, and I hate how Kansas has no mountains or hills. 
Well, I hate how Kansas almost never has anything fun to do, but I do love the random carnivals and town events that happen randomly throughout the years.

One of those random carnivals is called Old Settlers. It's in Mulvane, Kansas which is a little town just south of Derby, Kansas, where my husband's family lives. 
On Saturday night, we ventured out to Old Settlers with my husband's sister, Julia, and her husband, Kyle. I brought my camera out to get a picture of strangers for my photo challenge and ended up with some pretty priceless pics. It's making me think that I need to break out my "fancy camera" more often!
Anyways, enjoy! =]











This post is part of Weekend Shenanigans.

3 comments :

  1. I love that picture of me and Lisanna. I look all excited and she looks frightened. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I thought it was hilarious. She looked at least that grumpy in all of the pictures with you!

      Delete
  2. Haha, the many faces of Lisanna! I like the ferris wheel pic. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so excited to hear what you have to say! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post! =]