Wednesday, May 8, 2013

DIY Monogrammed Tea Towel


Guess what! You guys are really lucky because my mom's birthday was on the 2nd, which means I can give this to her for her birthday and share this tutorial with you! ;)
So here is a cute, cheap (just don't tell Mom!) Mother's Day gift. It's for those of us that don't have a lot of time or money but still want to make the day special for Mom.


DIY Monogrammed Tea Towel
1 or 2 Linen Tea Towels or White Bandanas (That's actually what I used - $0.99 each at Hobby Lobby!)
Fabric Paint, color of your choosing ($1.99 at Hobby Lobby)
Paintbrush
Scissors
Print-out of monogrammed letter (I used 400 pt Lucida Calligraphy and printed it out)
Tape

1. Cut out letter, being careful to leave paper connected at all points. A paper knife might help you get started, but I felt like it was more precise with just regular scissors.

2. Tape your new stencil to your towel.

3. Be careful to hold paper down so you won't get any paint underneath the stencil and start painting.
4. When finished, remove stencil and repeat the process for however many you want to make.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I'm so excited to hear what you have to say! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post! =]