Saturday, May 4, 2013

30 Things - Week 11


So contractions have started and continue to march on! I spent 3 hours in the hospital on Wednesday after going 2 hours with consistent contractions. They monitored my contractions, checked to see if I was dilated (which I wasn't), and then sent me home. They told me to come back if the contractions get more painful or my water breaks.
The whole experience made this pregnancy finally seem real. I mean, I've seen and felt my body change completely into pregnancy mode, and I've even startled myself thinking about how soon I'll have to deliver, but this was entirely different. I was at the hospital with my husband answering questions like, "Do you want an epidural?" When they were checking me for dilation, it really hit me: even if I don't have this baby today, I'm going to have her soon. My husband said that it was the first time any of it felt real to him - I think that anyone could see have seen this by the anxiety plastered across his face in contrast to the steady assurances he kept speaking to me.
So here I am at 34 weeks, in week 10 of my 30 Things series, just praying that this precious baby will hold on until I'm at least full term (37 weeks). I will definitely keep all of you posted in any developments in this pregnancy, but, in the meantime, here's week 11! :)

21. Describe your relationship with your parents.
My mom is one of my best friends.We share everything with each other, watch cheesy chick flicks together, and talk on the phone for hours. When I think about how your relationship will be with me, I really hope you and I be just as close as my mom and I.
My dad is silly and sweet. We tease each other and I beat him at board games whenever I can. ;) I'll never forget those last few moments I spent with his last name before we walked down the aisle together. I am his little girl, even now that I'm becoming your mommy.

22. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?
This is going to sound like a cop out, but I really don't know. With your dad training to become a pastor and you on the way, our futures are completely unpredictable. We are just looking to God to see where he wants us to go, and the only thing we know for sure is that He knows. We don't think we'll be in Kansas in five years, but where else we'll be, we don't know. I know we'll be a family though. You, me, and your dad will be together in all those years, with maybe a couple of your siblings, too. ;)

1 comment :

I'm so excited to hear what you have to say! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post! =]