Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Icicles and Chalk

Kansas seems to be locked in an epic battle of the seasons right now. It was a beautiful 70 degrees yesterday, but today we woke up to a cold wind howling and the clouds spitting out ice and gloom. Still, the chill froze the rain that came last night and left the day sparkling with icicles on every tree that is just about to bloom. It really is beautiful.
I spent the day inside my warm work building and returned home in time to pop a frozen pizza in the oven and hang my new spice rack while the hubby applies for jobs. Not a bad day overall!
So that's about all for my update. Check out my newest chalkboard paint piece!
(I should mention that the furniture in my house is all black, which is part of the reason that I love chalkboard paint so much: it matches anyway so why not have the added convenience of being like a chalkboard!)
I bought this rack at an antique store for $8.

I liked the shape and knew I needed one for the spices piling up on my counter, but wasn't a fan of the wood color and western style writing. 
A fresh coat of paint and some chalk and viola! A modern and completely functional hanging spice rack. The hanging is great, too, because my counter is tiny and already crowded. :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

I'm so excited to hear what you have to say! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post! =]