Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Felt Flower Tutorial

Hello, readers! I hope you lives are going great. Mine is amazing. =]
My baby girl has been kicking me and moving around all the time. I really don't think that I will ever fully wrap my mind around the fact that I'm growing a little human. It's completely amazing. =]

Well, all that being said, I've been itching to make some more things for my baby girl. I decided to buy some stretchy ribbon, sew them into headbands, and then sew on some felt flowers. I might've gotten a little carried away... ;)

Also, I made some veggie enchiladas tonight, but ran out of time. My hubby is so smart that he tutors others in math (*wink* )and he had to tutor tonight. I didn't get the enchiladas in the oven on time, so we'll be having those for dinner tomorrow. Be on the lookout for a report on those and, if they make the cut, a recipe. =]

For now, here's a tutorial on how to make the super cute felt flowers! 

Happy Wednesday! 

Felt Flower Tutorial

Materials:
  • Felt
  • Scissors
  • Thread
  • Needle



1. Cut felt into 5 petals. Mine were about the size of a quarter.

2. Fold petals like a hard taco and align so they are all around the same high point.
3. Thread needle and tie a knot at the end.
4. Sew through each petal near the bottom corner. (you can double stitch if you want the extra durability, but it's harder to do, so I would try it with a single stitch the first time)

5. While still on thread, separate petals around to each other, pinching in the middle.

6. Stitch the two connecting petals together and then sew through the middle.

7. Cut and tie string at back of flower.

Don't give up! I didn't get a nice-looking one until my 4th try. It's a difficult project! Plus, don't expect it to look pretty on the back. You will probably end up stitching it into something, like a headband, so it doesn't really matter how the back looks. =]

2 comments :

I'm so excited to hear what you have to say! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post! =]