Thursday, March 21, 2013

Day 4 - A Pinterest Fail

photo: tealandlime.com
So, I'm hoping that I'm not the only one that's ever done this, but I must admit something. I completely failed a Pinterest project. I found this one on Pinterest and decided to try it:

It looked promising last night. Then, as the article said, I let them dry overnight and then cooked them for 30 minutes at 350. I ended up with squished, orange, unusable knobs. Where did I go wrong? I skimped by buying the cheapest ones on Ebay and hoping they were porcelain.
They were not, I could smell that when I pulled the melted messes out of the oven.
My husband found my failure pretty funny, and I have to admit, I chuckled a little too. Then I sucked it up and came up with an idea of how to use them for something else.
Artwork, of course!
Viola! Now they will set on my wall, reminding me that failure is not a big deal. You can always find a way to make it successful again, even if not in the way you originally intended it.
So now I want to hear! Tell me about your Pinterest fails; I'm sure we all have one or two! :)

1 comment :

  1. Hahahahah....oops! ;)

    We've all been there! Don't let it discourage you. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so excited to hear what you have to say! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post! =]