Wednesday, March 13, 2013

A Scattering of Thoughts

Hello, my Wednesday readers!
I am super excited to share with you what I finally received today.
Drum roll, please!


I got my Nikon d70s in the mail! Yay!

I'm super stoked. My husband is so amazing. He really, really wants me to have hobbies, so he loves the idea of me blogging and taking pictures. All that being said, he encouraged me to buy this camera using a little of our tax return money. I repeat, my husband is so amazing. I am seriously spoiled. =]
So, I spent the last 2 days reading through half the manual (talk about some dry but necessary reading) and I still managed to gnarl my camera into some unmanageable state where I can't even take a photo on the auto setting! Haha, I guess I need to read the other half of the instruction book. (although google is pretty handy; turns out I just need to format the memory card to fix my current problem, yay?)
I'm excited to get to know my camera next week during spring break. I think for now it will only be a little bit here and there because I don't want to completely neglect my husband or stress myself out so much that it isn't fun.
I guess now that I'm the ripe old age of 21, I'm feeling a little more like I don't have to master it right this minute. Might as well learn gradually and actually enjoy it!
I was hoping to take a few decent pictures that could end up on here, but I had a really long day and honestly could not enjoy being frustrated by all the amazing, yet complex settings on this camera. Soon though, I promise!

In other news, getting around with my little girl inside my belly is getting a lot harder. I actually had to have some kids help me up when I made the thoughtless mistake of sitting down on the playground (it took 3 fourth grade girls to help me up, ha!). But I am feeling much healthier (other than not being able to breathe half the time, but that's totally overrated!) and less tired, so I'm finally starting to enjoy this. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm not gonna be disappointed when it's all over and I have a soft, cuddly newborn to make me so tired I cry, but it's okay for now. ;)

Well, that's about all. I have an an awesome DIY project in my head that I will share as soon as I have the time to sit down and do it, so be on the lookout for that. Also, if you haven't already, enter my giveaway to win a free, colorful canvas for your wall! 

2 comments :

  1. Woohoo!! When I got mine I was really overwhelmed...you'll get the hang of it soon! Practice! Practice! Practice! If you need help, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeay!!! Yes, you are going to have fun with that camera!!! And bring it over....J and I would love to help!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so excited to hear what you have to say! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post! =]