Friday, March 15, 2013

A Day at the Zoo

Today was such a beautiful day that I really couldn't bear the thought of staying in. My friend, Cassie, invited me to go to the zoo with her, so I did! We had so much fun and I got to play with my camera. =]
I decided to stick with auto mode for now, but I managed to get some pretty awesome pics on it anyway.
Also, I did learn something from my six hours spent on reading the manual! I'll let you in on that after you see my pictures. ;)



This guy was awesome. He had such beautiful feathers and was not camera shy. Also, this is where I was able to implement one of the things I learned from the manual! 
In the section about focusing, it briefly mentioned that mode "P" would be best for taking pictures were the closest thing isn't what you want to focus on, like animals behind cage bars. I thought, well, that's kinda random. Probably won't use that for a while. 
But then I did! Thanks to that little trick, I was able to take pictures of this beautiful guy.

The red pandas were so active today! Unfortunately, before I could get out from behind this smudged glass, he moved to where I couldn't see him. While I love this picture, I really wish the smudges weren't there.


Cassie hadn't ever been to the zoo, so she wanted to measure her wingspan!

Yeah, because peacocks do what they want.


1 comment :

  1. I'm so proud of you for researching photography and practicing it! Good job!!! Also, I'm a little jealous that you got to see the red panda. It was sleeping in a nook when I went to the zoo last week.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so excited to hear what you have to say! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post! =]