Monday, February 18, 2013

James 5


James 5:1-3
Come now, you rich, weep and howl for your miseries which are coming upon you. Your riches have rotted and your garments have become moth-eaten. Your gold and your silver have rusted; and their rust will be a witness against you and will consume your flesh like fire. It is in the last days that you have stored up your treasure!

I really have been struggling with our new need to pinch pennies, so this passage was just so convicting. I don't know why it's so hard for me to let go of the temporal things of this world. I could blame the rich society I live in, but really it just comes down to the fact that I'm a rotten sinner. I'm so glad that God has forgiven me for all my sins and especially all my shortcomings. I know that he will continue to be faithful in helping me overcome my materialism.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I'm so excited to hear what you have to say! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post! =]