Tuesday, February 12, 2013

James 4


James 4:13-15
Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, and spend a year there and engage in business and make a profit.”Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow. You are a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away. Instead, you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we will live and also do this or that.”

If the Lord wills... This has been such a solid foundation for me throughout my whole marriage. Honestly, when we get down to it, Brandon and I never know where we're going or what we're doing, but God is so faithful. He always provides for us, whether it's financially or emotionally or spiritually, my cup runs over. I have been positively overwhelmed to see the ways that He has already provided for Brandon and me and our little girl that's on the way. He not only gives us what we need, but He also gives us a little bit of what we want. When I am patient in waiting on Him and following His will, I believe that He delights in giving away the little extras. Just like parents love to dote on their children, God dotes on me. I am so blessed. Not only did He send His Son to die for me... Not only did He forgive me for every sin I will ever commit, but He also dotes on me. Who am I to ask for anything else?

He is jealous for me. Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree bending beneath the weight of His wind and mercy. When all of a sudden, I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory and I realize just how beautiful You are and how great Your affections are for me. We are His portion and He is our prize, drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes...
Oh, how He loves us.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I'm so excited to hear what you have to say! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post! =]