Monday, February 18, 2013

Crispy Tortillas and Bean Dip


So yesterday morning I woke up and I remembered that I needed to make something for a Mexican food potluck. I had been planning on making my awesome taco chili, but didn't want to go to the store to get ingredients. I decided to work with what I had on hand and ended up making an awesome recipe. I scoured Pinterest for food made with the ingredients I had and this is what I came up with:
(everyone loved it, by the way ;)



Crispy Tortillas
4-6 Tortillas
Salt
Vegetable oil/spray
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Use pizza cutter to cut tortillas into triangles.
3. Spray with vegetable oil or brush on.
4. Sprinkle with salt.
5. Cook for 7-10 minutes.

Black Bean Dip
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/2 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon lime juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 tablespoons water
1 clove minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender (I just used my Magic Bullet) and blend until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I'm so excited to hear what you have to say! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post! =]