Saturday, February 16, 2013

Activity

Pregnancy
Not much new on this front. My baby girl has been very active! She's been kicking and moving around constantly, which is awesome. It's nice to know that everything is going okay in there.

Food and Nutrition
I have been such a good little wifey! I cooked last night and tonight. =] Yesterday I made some veggie pasta and it turned out awesome. I adore this meal because it's delicious and only costs about $5 to make.

Today, I made spaghetti with spinach and steamed carrots. It's super simple and pretty stinkin' healthy, if I do say so myself. I just steamed about half a package of frozen spinach and 3 fresh carrots while cooking my noodles and heating up good old Ragu. Then I stirred the spinach into the Ragu, plopped it on the spaghetti and viola! Super green spaghetti. I may have made it a little less healthy by eating garlic bread with it, but hey, a pregnant lady's gotta indulge herself every once and a while. ;)
Fitness
Yesterday my husband and I went and drove around Derby for a bit. We got some Happy Hour cherry limeade from Sonic, then went on a walk through High Park before hitting some boutiques. Here is where you'll always find my hubby in a book store: in the science fiction section. =]
Devotions
Matthew 5:44-45
44 But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.
This really struck me today as I was doing my devotions. God gives even the wicked their basic needs (when He isn't judging them) so who am I to ever withhold something that anyone needs that I can provide for them? God is so righteous and fair, and He even knows who will come to Him and who won't. How much more so should I be righteous and fair when I don't know which sinners will find grace in His presence? God is so much bigger than I could ever hope to be. I'm so glad though; I wouldn't ever want to be in charge of my own life or salvation and especially not anyone else's.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I'm so excited to hear what you have to say! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post! =]