Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Strawberry Banana Smoothie & Crock Pot Chili

Nothing to really update you on for today. I was home sick, so I just did a lot of sleeping and tv watching, but I am so excited about these recipes that I just had to share. Recipe bonus today: healthy snack and yummy dinner!

Food and Nutrition
So I made the simplest, yummiest smoothie ever today and wanted to share it with you!
5 Ingredient Strawberry Banana Smoothie
5 good sized strawberries
1 banana
3/4 cup milk
1/2 tbsp sugar (I used natural cane sugar)
5 ice cubes.
Combine all in a blender and blend until smooth!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, I ate my forgotten chili today and it was amazing. Best chili I've ever made, hands down. Here is the super simple recipe:

So Easy You'll Forget You Made It (Vegan) Chili
Ingredients:
16 oz. can black beans
16 oz can kidney beans
2 cloves minced garlic
1 cup frozen corn
16 oz can diced tomatoes
8 oz can tomato sauce
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
Combine all ingredients, stir well, and pop into the crock pot on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours.

1 comment :

I'm so excited to hear what you have to say! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post! =]