Monday, January 28, 2013

Job 42


Job 42:1-6, 10
Then Job answered the Lord and said,
“I know that You can do all things,

And that no purpose of Yours can be thwarted.

‘Who is this that hides counsel without knowledge?’
Therefore I have declared that which I did not understand,
Things too wonderful for me, which I did not know.”
‘Hear, now, and I will speak;
I will ask You, and You instruct me.’
“I have heard of You by the hearing of the ear;
But now my eye sees You;
Therefore I retract,
And I repent in dust and ashes.”

10 The Lord restored the fortunes of Job when he prayed for his friends, and the Lordincreased all that Job had twofold.

Job realized that he had questioned God, who is above all, and he repented. God forgave him, told him to pray for his friends, and then gave Job better stuff than what he had in the first place.
How often do I question God when I have no idea what his actual plan is? In Sunday School yesterday I talked to the kids about Jeremiah 28:11 ("For I know the plans I have for you, says The Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."). I knew that I was telling the kids the truth, that God will take care of them, but I began to wonder how often I don't live out that faith in my own life. I have been so worried about the future: all the hospital bills, insurance, being a mom, and just paying the bills now. But why an I worried? Because I'm not trusting in God's plan for me. The book of Job is such a great reminder that even when everything seems to be going wrong, God is in control. And who are we to question this?

No comments :

Post a Comment

I'm so excited to hear what you have to say! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post! =]