Monday, January 21, 2013

James 2


James 2:15-17
15 If a brother or sister is without clothing and in need of daily food,16 and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and be filled,” and yet you do not give them what is necessary for their body, what use is that? 17 Even so faith, if it has no works, is dead, being by itself.

This is a passage that we discussed in the home study on Sunday night. I felt really convicted by this because I am so often so selfish. I fall so short of helping others and am more apt to say "I'll pray for you" than to actually think of helping anyone out. I get so self-absorbed and just think that I'm too busy to meet anyone's needs other than my own and those of my husband. I really need to be more heavenly minded.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I'm so excited to hear what you have to say! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post! =]