Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Flutters

Food and Nutrition
Okay, so today I wanted to make something simple and healthy for breakfast. I scoured Pinterest and I'm pretty sure I came up with a great thing. DIY instant oatmeal! It's so easy, so much healthier, and so much cheaper. For about the same price as a ten pack of Quaker instant oatmeal, I made 17 packs with only the ingredients I wanted. 
The tricky part was really making it dairy-free. Most of the recipes I found included dried milk or something of the sort, so I combined a few different recipes to get it the way I wanted.
So here's what I came up with!

Dairy Free, Easy Instant Oatmeal
10 cups quick oats
2 tsp salt
1 cup brown sugar
6 oz dried fruit (your choice)
1 tbsp cinnamon
1. The first thing you want to do is blend 3 cups of the oats into a fine powder. This helps the oats cook instantly.

2. Add the other oats and the remaining ingredients to powdered oats, stir well.
3. Measure out 1/2 cup of mixture into individual ziplocs for easy-to-grab serving sizes.


4. Try it yourself! Pour one ziploc into a bowl, add 3/4 cup of water and cook in microwave for 1 1/2 - 2 minutes.
Viola! That's all there is to it. 

Pregnancy
Not much happening on this turf. I'm kind of at a stand still right now for lack of money and resources. I am waiting on my mom to get better so we can work on the sewing projects (which include my elephant mobile as well as my crib set). I am waiting to paint/wrap my letter right now because I want to wait until I get the wall decals that I'm wanting for the nursery. I want to make sure that the paint/wrap on the letter matches the paint on the decals, but I have to wait until we can afford to buy those. 
I went to the doctor on Monday and heard that everything is okay; my body being out to get me is apparently perfectly normal in pregnancy. Ironically, I've been sick pretty much since my appointment. 
My baby girl has been moving a lot lately. I love feeling the fluttering that tells me she is doing just fine. I just wish (and I know I'll probably regret saying this) that she would start kicking so that Brandon can feel her in there. I'm 21 weeks now, so it should be soon!

Devotions
Joel 2:25-26
“Then I will make up to you for the years
That the swarming locust has eaten,The creeping locust, the stripping locust and the gnawing locust, My great army which I sent among you.
And praise the name of the Lord your God,
Who has dealt wondrously with you;
Then My people will never be put to shame."
You will have plenty to eat and be satisfied

Brandon was just talking to me about this verse a couple of days ago. He said that he finds it comforting to know that all the days he spent in sin... all the days he spent not growing in God will be redeemed. God has a plan, and He will redeem our wasted days from the locusts if we will only turn to Him.
I find that comforting, too.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I'm so excited to hear what you have to say! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post! =]