Sunday, January 13, 2013

Facelift

Here we go again:
Take two with The Pink Herbivore blog.

So much has changed since I last posted, that I decided to take off my old posts and give the blog a new face. Now, instead of my blog being just about food and nutrition, it will also be about fitness, pregnancy, devotions, and eventually parenting. I'm also going to break it up into sections to make it easier for you to read only the parts that you want to read. Let's be serious, nobody really reads a whole post unless they're really interested in it. This way, I'm hoping to make your skimming of the relevant-to-you information even easier!

Pregnancy
Oh yeah, that's new. I'm pregnant. =] Brandon and I are expecting our first child, a baby girl on June 12th.

This being so, I haven't been the perfect little herbivore. Expenses are piling in, my stomach has been quite a bit more grouchy concerning what it wants to eat, and I'm also constantly hungry. I'm still vegan/vegetarian when I can afford it and my stomach agrees, but right now I'm focusing more on staying within our budget and making sure I meet all the nutritional needs of myself and my daughter. 

In news about pregnancy, I found out that being short of breath and randomly having a racing heart is perfectly normal during pregnancy. Ah, the many joys of having a cute little leech growing inside of me! ♥ 

Food and Nutrition
Actually, that's exactly what made me think of re-opening my blog. I've been looking for cheap, easy meals that I can make after a 7-9 hour work day, and I stumbled across what I'm pretty stinking excited about.

It all began last night, when I decided that I wanted Chinese food. We couldn't afford to actually get Chinese food, but I was fairly confident I had the ingredients to make it myself. I searched Pinterest, came across a good recipe, and set about to make it. It was delicious, by the way. Check out the recipe here

Well, when I looked at the recipe I read a little about what the SNAP challenge is. It's a challenge where you find out how much the average person on welfare has to spend on food each day. It's different for each state, but in Kansas it's about $4.17/day per person. I googled SNAP challenge menus and stumbled across Cook for Good. This lovely lady has a bunch of week-long menus, based on each season as far as veggies go, as well as accompanying shopping lists. She even has vegan lists, if you just follow the plant strong menus! Oh, and the best part is, everything is made from scratch, in 20 minutes, and is under $5/meal. 

Sounds too good to be true, right? 

Well, for the next two weeks I'm going to be following the Fresh Start Winter Challenge, Plant Strong menu and finding out if it is too good to be true. 

I'm plan to post every day to keep me accountable and to let you know how it's going.

Fitness:
Okay, I'm not going to lie. I have not been much for working out since this baby started weighing me down. At first, it was the legitimate exhaustion and morning sickness that kept me back. But now, it's really just that I'm out of the habit and I have other things that I would rather do with the precious five hours I have before bed following work. However, I know how important it is!

This blog is also here to keep me accountable as far as working out. With my daily posts for the next two weeks, I'll need to have something to say in this section every day! This means I have to get off my pregnant tush and at least do something.

So look forward to some posts that are less excuse ridden and whiny! =]

Devotions:
Job 22:21-22
Yield now and be at peace with Him; thereby good will come to you. Please receive instruction from His mouth and establish His words in your heart.

This chapter and the two before are all talking about how bad people seem to end up with the most stuff, and, therefore, the greatest lives. This verse is a great reminder on what is actually needed to have the happiest life. Praise God that you don't need stuff to make you happy! You just need to yield to Him, listen to Him, and spend time getting His word into your heart.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I'm so excited to hear what you have to say! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post! =]